£10.60 to £0.00 per hour
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
On a Daily Basis:
- To prepare and cook a varied nutritious range of food.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness within the kitchen and store areas.
- To maintain and clean all work surfaces and floor areas.
- To ensure that all living areas are hoovered, washed, polished and cleaned.
- To ensure that all service users bedrooms and bathrooms are clean and tidy.
- To ensure that all internal room windows and surrounding areas are clean.
- To be responsible and ensure that all cleaning equipment is kept safe and tidy and, where appropriate, stored securely if toxic fluids and agents are used.
- To maintain and tidy all storage areas and cupboards.
In Conjunction with the Manager:
- Ensuring that all menus are planned and recorded.
- To be involved in purchasing all provisions within agreed budgetary limits.
- Ensure that there is always a high standard of hygiene, and health and safety requirements are met.
- To maintain all kitchen equipment and utensils to include oven, dishwasher, mixer and microwave.
- At times to be involved in service users basic cooking programme, using the kitchen facilities when and where applicable.
- To identify future areas of work that need regular cleaning and maintaining.
- To identify future resources and any specialised cleaning equipment for the home
- To report any major damage or defects within the home.
- To carry out other such relevant tasks as in commensurate with the post which may, from time to time, be required.
- Be prepared to attend any relevant Food and Hygiene, and Health and Safety Courses.
- Be prepared to organise, plan, prepare any special functions i.e. service users birthdays, Christmas etc.
- Identify future resources and equipment for the home.
Pension, Health Assured - Employee Support Line to Support you and your Family, Wellness Bonus, Introduce Friend Bonus, Management Development Academy, Complex in house Training. Discounts on: Cinema, Top High Street Brands and Restaurants, Gym Memberships, Train tickets, Mobile Phone contracts, Apple products, Theme Parks and many more!
22 days Annual Leave ( excluding Bank Holidays)
Anything else I need to know?
Any job offer is pending a satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check (at our expense). All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We make every effort to ensure the job listings shown on this website are accurate and up to date. However, from time to time there may be a delay between new information becoming available and listings being updated. The particulars shown are given without responsibility, for guidance only, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. If you have any questions about individual vacancies, please contact our Careers Team. We suggest you also take a moment to read our Application Privacy Notice.
Cook / Cleaner
£9.90 to £9.90 per hour
The provision and cooking of well-balanced and nutritious meals for service users at all times of the day, keeping the service clean up to a standard of living for all service users and staff. Learn More