£9.90 to £9.90 per hour
Full time, Part time, Bank/Casual
Main Tasks – Support Worker
- To be fully aware of, and put into practice CCG’s guidelines for the support of individuals.
- To participate in the shared implementation of support/care plans for individuals including provision for the physical and personal support needs and their emotional, intellectual and social well-being.
- To participate in a duty rota and carry out ‘sleep in’ duties as required.
- To liaise as required with people and other agencies with a significant interest in each individual.
- To maintain and write records and reports on each individual in accordance with CCG’s policies.
- To account for individuals and organisation monies in accordance with CCG’s policies and procedures.
- To ensure that care plans are followed and that important information is recorded when appropriate.
- To be aware of the procedures for taking appropriate action in case of an emergency.
- To have appropriate knowledge of the correct use of aids and equipment used by or with individuals in their normal daily living and to report any obvious defects to the appropriate person.
- Ensure that any matters relating to Health and Safety, are communicated appropriately and actioned where necessary.
- To provide general and emotional support to each individual as part of a supportive team, liaising with other service/professionals as required. To attend meetings, as required, with people or other agencies who have a significant interest in the individuals.
- To participate in and contribute to internal and external staff training and development, including staff meetings, supervision and appraisals.
- To support individuals accessing the community and to organise and participate in appropriate leisure or other activities outside of their own homes.
- To undertake such additional duties as may be necessary for the efficient delivery of the support packages being provided to individuals.
- To administer medication as prescribed by the General Practitioner.
Pension, Health Assured - Employee Support Line to Support you and your Family, Wellness Bonus, Introduce Friend Bonus, Management Development Academy, Complex in house Training. Discounts on: Cinema, Top High Street Brands and Restaurants, Gym Memberships, Train tickets, Mobile Phone contracts, Apple products, Theme Parks and many more!
Driving licence (Preferred)
20 days Annual Leave ( excluding Bank Holidays)
Anything else I need to know?
Any job offer is pending a satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check (at our expense). All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We make every effort to ensure the job listings shown on this website are accurate and up to date. However, from time to time there may be a delay between new information becoming available and listings being updated. The particulars shown are given without responsibility, for guidance only, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. If you have any questions about individual vacancies, please contact our Careers Team. We suggest you also take a moment to read our Application Privacy Notice.
Support Worker - Supported Living
£9.90 to £9.90 per hour
The role of a support worker is to ensure the people we work with are safe, happy and lead fulfilling lives. Supporting someone with learning disability isnâ€™t just personal care, you could be taking people shopping, cinema, bowling, spending days on trips out and many more activities. Learn More