£11.00 to £11.00 per hour
Full time, Part time, Bank/Casual
In accordance with Care Quality Commission and The White Paper Valuing People, the staff member will endeavour to contribute and participate in providing quality care and life experiences to the service user based upon the six basic values of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment. To be available to work and help provide a therapeutic, supportive, structured and relaxed environment in which service users can develop and enjoy their lives.
- To participate in life planning for particular service users to include:
- Identifying the service user’s emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management team.
- Delivering of a clearly defined programme of care for each service user within the home and ensuring that such service user files are recorded and maintained accurately.
- Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager of the home.
- To ensure that the agreed psychology guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team.
- To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
- To contribute to the preparation of reports and participate in service users’ reviews as required.
- To supervise and share mealtimes with service users, to encourage a positive attitude towards food and appropriate behaviour at mealtimes.
- To assist in the delivery of day care opportunities, following individual activity programmes in conjunction with, and following guidance from, day care staff.
- To use initiative in creating, and delivery of, appropriate leisure opportunities for service users.
- To accompany and organise transport which requires service users to attend activities outside of the home.
- To use initiative in making the best use of all available resources in the home, to meet the needs of each service user.
- To assist in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness within the home and, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment.
- To look after the general appearance of the house and report any defects to the senior staff member on duty.
- To ensure accurate recording and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and/or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place.
- To participate in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments.
- To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Homes Manager in times of emergency.
This Job Description is not intended to be a complete list of duties and responsibilities, but indicates the main aspects attached to this post. It may be reviewed and amended at a future time after discussion with the Manager and staff of the homes, to take into account any changes in Company or Government Policies.
As a Social Care Worker at Choice, you’ll enjoy:
Generous Paid Holiday Entitlement
You’ll get 28 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
Choice Care Pension Scheme
We’ll contribute 3% on top of your voluntary personal contribution.
Adult Care Worker Level 2 and Lead Adult Care Worker Level 3 qualifications for all staff (after 6 months of employment)
Health Assured Assistance Scheme
Our Employee Assistance Programme, providing confidential, professional advice and guidance on things like finance, housing, health and legal matters.
Refer a Friend Bonus
If a friend or family member applies successfully for a job at Choice, we’ll thank you with a special reward.
Outstanding Training & Development
Our industry-leading training programmes give you chance to build your expertise in 25 specialisms and work towards nationally-recognised qualifications.
20 days Annual Leave ( excluding Bank Holidays)
Anything else I need to know?
Any job offer is pending a satisfactory references, an enhanced DBS check (at our expense). All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We make every effort to ensure the job listings shown on this website are accurate and up to date. However, from time to time there may be a delay between new information becoming available and listings being updated. The particulars shown are given without responsibility, for guidance only, and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. If you have any questions about individual vacancies, please contact our Careers Team. We suggest you also take a moment to read our Application Privacy Notice.